Saturday, September 22, 2007

And now..... the update

So. Obviously we had Riley's b-day party already. I can not believe that she is two. It's just bittersweet. It seems like you are so excited for them to crawl, then walk, and talk, and in the blink of an eye you have a walking, talking, tantrum throwing two year old. It just amazes me! She got so much great stuff for her birthday! She was terrified of her tickle me elmo, which really shocked me. In fact tickle me elmo now has a new home on top of the entertainment center, where he can not traumatize her anymore.

Chase is doing well. He is sleeping through the night now, which is exciting, but a little sad. I dont have to get up with a newborn anymore! It's sad knowing that he is our last, cause everything he does signifies the "end" of something. Like I am never getting up in the middle of the night again with a newborn. Does that make sense?

Both kids are doing really well getting adjusted to daycare. Riley was a little upset the first day but she did fine. I think that she cries a bit every morning when Derrick drops her off, but I think thats just her typical response right now. She loves to be around other kids, so I think that she has a lot of fun there.

Work is going well. I am having a hard time getting up in the morning, but after nine weeks of sleeping in, I think thats probably a little normal! It will be nice when I get myself retrained to just get up at the time I am used too! We got up this morning around 6, so I really didnt sleep in too bad. I think that the more you stay close to your normal schedule on your days off, the better off you are. It is so nice to be back among all the people that I work with! I really do work with a great group of people, which makes it easy to go back. I really am just not cut out to stay at home!

Tonight we are headed to Tony and Cindy's for Katelyn's birthday party! I think that it will be so stinking cute, and I can not believe that she is one already!

Thursday marked a year since the miscarriage. I wondered how I would deal with the day. I think that it was a little easier since I already have another baby. I know that everything happens for a reason, and that Chase is the baby that we were supposed to have, but I cant help but mourn for the little one that we didnt have the chance to meet. It feels kinda double sided because I am so thankful for Chase and know that if we had had the other baby we wouldnt have met Chase. But yet I am sad that we didnt meet the other baby at all. I hope that makes sense, and I am not coming off as harsh or totally irrational. It does make perfect sense in my head, its just a little harder to type it all out.

I am in the middle of a new book. Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult. If you have not read this you need to. When I have the chance to read, its so hard to piut it down. It feels a little similar to her book "The Pact" but a different subject matter. I think it only feels similar because they both involve teens, tragedy and their parents. And Jordan McAfee. Is it weird that I am so excited everytime that I read him enter as a character in her books? He makes me want to go to law school. Seriously.

Okay. It about 7am, and I know that I can get some scrapping done before the bigger bean awakens....

No comments:

Blog Archive